Modern CSS techniques
I have updated this site with a few techniques that I have been reading about in the web dev community. Some of them are pretty obvious and others are simply code tweeks. I have took the attitude of using advanced CSS techniques that will only get seen in modern browsers, also known as “too hell with Internet Exporer”. Links to the tutorials I used have been included where appropriate.
Site tweeks include
- Made use of CSS3 sudo selctor :last-child
- Added trasparency to the content areas with CSS3 rgba
- Drop shadows with CSS3
- No more DD roundies for non ie users. Round corners are now handled with CSS3 border-radius
- Pages now validate, it took a while to disect all the crap that was in wordpress but I got there
- I added some new fonts. I started experimenting with typekit but after coming across the issue related to the flash of unstyled text I decided to simply use @font-face instead.
- text-shadow has been added to some headers
- Moved a lot of unnecessay markup and made some of the existing markup more semantic. There is still a few bits to go on this one.
- Additional backgroud images
This is very much a work in progress so I will be adding more things over the next few days and weeks. My blog is my playground and to answer the question “what does it look like in ie”, well I dont know cause I havent tested yet, but I bet its not as good as it looks in FF or Safari.